By Louise Evans
How do you handle conflict? And what impact does that create? Does the way you handle conflict lead to greater understanding and a surge in creativity? Or does it lead to dysfunctional relationships and resentful employees?
Our highly engaging 5 chair communication process enables people to manage difficult conversations in multicultural contexts by focusing on observations, feelings, needs and requests. When conversations become challenging we often revert to criticising or attacking the other person which ultimately creates misunderstanding, misinterpretation and separation.
The 5 chair communication process introduces a powerful way to stay connected to your communication partner through reflection, detection and connection. It provides the cornerstone of the most fundamental skills to manage diversity well – self–awareness and self-leadership – read more.
The 5 Chairs Communication process is inspired by Marshall Rosenberg’s work of Non Violent Communication
Nonviolent Communication (NVC) is a powerful communication approach which provides a clear and effective model for communicating in a way that is cooperative, conscious and compassionate, even in highly challenging situations. It is based on two fundamental principles:
- compassion and loving kindness
With NVC we learn to focus on our own deeper needs and those of others rather than on judging and diagnosing, so that we can identify more clearly how to manage difficult and crucial conversations in the daily business of life.
- "Out beyond ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing there is a field. I'll meet you there "Rumi
Here are some examples of our customized programmes:
- Individual Executive Coaching
- Coaching Skills for Managers
- Working with Emotional Intelligence
- International Communication Skills
- Leadership Development (Leading Self, Leading Teams, Leading Change)
- Leading in a VUCA World
- Outstanding Global Virtual Teams
- Working Successfully across Cultures
- Values-based Cultural Transformation in Organisations
- Large Group Event Facilitation