We can all work well with people who are similar to us, who think, act and talk as we do, and who share the same values and beliefs. But when we work with partners from different cultural backgrounds, it can sometimes be much more difficult. Understanding how cultures differ, and being able to recognise how these differences impact our everyday work, can help us to relate better to individuals. Cultural diversity has huge potential – if managed well. It also has its risks, if not. This becomes apparent when miscommunication occurs and working morale suffers. By raising awareness of our own preferences and norms and how these differ to those of our international partners, we are more able to understand one another. Improved working relationships are the result.
Do you want to raise awareness of the importance of working successfully across cultures?
GBL offers generic and specific cross-cultural programmes.
Many clients book us to run sessions at internal meetings and conferences or client events.
- "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes"Marcel Proust
Here are some examples of our customized programmes:
- Individual Executive Coaching
- Coaching Skills for Managers
- Working with Emotional Intelligence
- International Communication Skills
- Leadership Development (Leading Self, Leading Teams, Leading Change)
- Leading in a VUCA World
- Outstanding Global Virtual Teams
- Working Successfully across Cultures
- Values-based Cultural Transformation in Organisations
- Large Group Event Facilitation